Friday, February 19, 2016

Television Review: Difficult People Season One (Hulu)


I actually watched the first season of "Difficult People" a while back but I just find myself writing about it now because I miss it.   I want to see more episodes of it.    This show is made for Hulu (At least it's not made for Amazon, am I right?) and it stars Julie Klausner and Billy Eichner.    If nothing else, I remember Billy Eichner from the last season of "Parks and Rec", where I enjoyed him as Craig, and so that kind of sold me on this show for sure.

What I like most about this show is that it is a comedy but it has a different type of humor to it.   I'm not sure if you'd call it satire or dark humor, but there might not even be a proper way to describe this because the way that the main characters act in this is not how anyone has ever really acted before.   It seems like they say things which are inappropriate but yet still hysterically funny.  

From the deepest portions of your mind comes the truth.   These are the things we wish we could say but are not allowed to say.   The thoughts we have and have been told to supress our entire lives are what comes from these characters' mouths and I love it.    Simply put, this is one of the funniest shows I have ever seen and I'm instantly in love with it.   I want Billy to be my best friend.    But at the same time, as an actual person and not a character in this show, I would be careful not to follow in their mindset because it could get you into a lot of trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment