Wednesday, May 13, 2015

MP3 Review: Pyramids "A Northern Meadow" (A Profound Lore)


I've spent a lot of time listening to "A Northern Meadow" by Pyramids since it came out and without reviewing it simply because I wasn't sure how to write what I wanted to say about it.    The music has the beauty of Muse mixed with the post-metal/post-rock vibe, but then it also reminds me in other ways of Coheed and Cambria (at least musically) and even Trail of Dead.     It can get heavy at times, but the vocals remain just so pure.

A lot of what I hear coming out can also be those melodies of Radiohead but then there is also some screamy, stoner metal too so it doesn't ever get too soft.   Black Sabbath, Filter and Stabbing Westward all come out at different times and this is a collection of long songs that tend to have more music than vocals in them.   (If we have instrumental music aka "music without vocals", can we please make a name for music which has vocals but less than the typical amount?)

As long as I've been listening to this one, I know I'm going to be listening to it for even longer just because it is that good.   If you appreciate overly complicated music with a flair for melody then I would definitely recommend putting this one on and keeping it on for as long as you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment