Tuesday, May 27, 2014

MP3 REVIEW: Isobel Ccircle~ “Fluttercage” (Exotik Pylon)



                For the majority of this album, a great deal of sort of ominous static can be heard in the way that it sounds like fog or some sort of haunting air.   Though this might be ambient at its core, it is in this way that when I am listening to this I almost constantly feel as if Jason Vorhees will appear at any given moment and strike me down.

                There are some other sounds that come out, from bells or glasses being played musically and the first song even has this portion where fireworks are being set off, but for the most part, this is just eerie and quiet.

                I imagine this as being the soundtrack to a menu screen on a video game, something either from the horror genre or even Red Dead Revolver for some reason popped into my head.   In many ways it certainly can be seen as minimalistic, but it is still just oh-so-good.

No comments:

Post a Comment