Tuesday, May 27, 2014

MP3 REVIEW: Illegal Wiretaps “Extended Play 1”



                These are two instrumental electronic songs from Illegal Wiretaps.  They have drum machine beats and the synth comes through in a sort of funky way.   They remind me of something like Mopfunk or Acid Druid, yet at the same time they could easily be the soundtrack to a Quentin Dupieux movie, which I like. 

                I’m not certain as to whether or not Illegal Wiretaps have been watching the Dupieux movies on Netflix (At least “Wrong” and “Wrong Cops”), as I have seen them, reviewed them and now want to own them physically, but this seems like too much of a coincidence to me to be untrue.

                Lasers take on the second song and there is sort of static drone going on in the background, nonetheless Mr. Oizo would be proud.  

No comments:

Post a Comment