Friday, January 10, 2014

MP3 REVIEW: An Occasion for Balloons “All As It Is”


                These two songs are quite good and not at all what I expected for some reason.  I was expecting some artsy sort of ambient, instrumental music that reminded me of the name of the band.  I don’t know why exactly, but the band name does make me think of a balloon being stuck in a tree—the once useful object that brought joy to probably children now left to die up high, no longer wanted.


                While these songs are ambient and spatial at that, they also channel some shoegaze (Not hip hop, thank you very much people blowing up Band Camp) and by the second song you can also bring out that electronic synth feel.   This is somewhere between Ask for Joy and/or [aftersun], which are two of my favorite bands so rock on.

1 comment:

  1. The balloons bit is a Winnie the Pooh reference, albeit a fairly obscured one. One of those formative moments of childhood that carries with it a subtle nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete