Tuesday, November 12, 2013

MP3 REVIEW: Rachael Marie “What Side Are You On”

                One night after my wife and baby went to sleep I was listening to some music.  I didn’t have it up too loud, but it wasn’t particularly quiet either because I could hear it moderately well.    When it finished, I put on this 5 song EP and I couldn’t even really hear it.

                This is more or less the sound of female vocals and an acoustic guitar.  It sounds like it was recorded at home, by herself, and you know, terms like “self produced” and “bedroom” come to mind.   I also wonder if this is something that could considered quietcore, but then I also wonder if quietcore is even a real subgenre.


                Don’t let the notion that this music seems quiet fool you though.   Her voice is quite powerful and we all should know by now that hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.   This is one to listen to just because it’s that good and refreshing to hear. 

http://rachael-marie.bandcamp.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment