Wednesday, May 1, 2013

MP3 REVIEW: The Illegal Wiretaps “The Inevitable Goodbye”

The Illegal Wiretaps The Inevitable Goodbye”
$4 on cassette / Name Your Price Download

                As the sort of follow up to The inevitable Goodbye Prologue, I was once again haunted by the name Michael Coffman.   So I did a google search again and still came up with nothing.   According to the Band Camp page for this particular album, Michael Coffman was told by doctors he was going to die, so he went home and told his family and prepared to die and, well,  I guess he didn’t.   So it puts a new spin on it when you think that maybe this guy is still alive.

                But, look, I can’t tell you whether this guy is alive, dead or if he even ever really existed at all.   Does it matter?   Not really.   You could just imagine him as being a fictional character created by The Illegal Wiretaps for purposes of this concept album and the one that came before it.   If I try to think of all of this as being real, it makes my head hurt ever so slightly, so I’d really rather not.

                These are drum machine beats, robot voices and drone synth.   If you play it back to back with the Prologue first it is how I found it to be best listened to by far.

                Also of note, this album has a song on it called “Pretty Suede Coffin”, which just seems to be another in the many crossover The Illegal Wiretaps have amongst themselves.  

                While I do enjoy this and the Prologue, they just work so well together, so I couldn’t imagine listening to one and not the other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment