Friday, December 7, 2012

SBSR: Kent State / Airlooms

Kent State / Airlooms

            Note: The first three songs are Kent State.  The last two are Airlooms. 


<1> “Deathdreams” – High energy, guitar fueled rock n roll.   My third different release from Kent State and I’m still digging these guys.  This song is somewhere in between the first two releases I heard.  I’m not listening to them in any order, just making it up as I go.  I do like the chorus in this song as well. 

<2> “Interest Position” – This song sounds like it was recorded differently and it kicks in more like radio rock.   It has more of a Replacements or Smiths feel to it maybe. 

<3> “Maniac” – We begin with some talking.  This does not appear to be a cover song.  It’s a step closer to Superdrag than the previous track.  It’s these crazy vocals over the distorted guitar riff driven indie rock.  You think it’d get tiresome, but they just keep it going and I don’t mind.   And then it cuts off abruptly. 

<4> “Cheyanne” - I don’t know if I’d call this band lo-fi (or what that label means) but it has a lo-fi sounding to its recording.   This song definitely screams of The Replacements, which is not altogether terrible. 

<5> “No One” – Definitely more Paul Westerberg screaming, but I still like these two songs for my first time hearing Airlooms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment