Thursday, September 4, 2014

MP3 REVIEW: Hot Glass “Only Animals / Your Chance” (Little League Records)


                These two songs would be a cassingle and if I was to find it in my local music shop circa the 1990’s I would have most certainly bought it for $3.49.    It begins with this sound somewhere between “Take My Picture” era Filter, U2, Silversun Pickups and Smashing Pumpkins.   I feel some sort of obvious –gaze in here as well, but I just cannot place the band right now that it sounds most like.

                The second song picks up the pace a little bit, as it gets a little bit faster, but overall this is a nice pair of songs.  I’m not sure how I might feel about a set of, say, ten songs by Hot Glass, but as a two track cassingle this does seem to work for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment