Thursday, July 10, 2014

MP3 REVIEW: Tanner Garza & Wet Dream Asphyxiation “Past Visitors”


            This is one eighteen minute-ish track and based on the description of when it was recorded I can only assume that it is a collaboration.   This is distorted static drone with the doom guitar.   It has slight variations on it, but it pretty much always stays the course.

            Do you remember when they used to make those optical illusion pictures and you’d have to stare at them to see a hidden image inside?   The most popular one I can think of right now was in the movie “Mallrats” (“A Schooner is a sailboat!”), but they’ve been in other medium like “Seinfeld” as well.  

            I believe that if you listen to this track the right way, you can hear some Depeche Mode coming out.   At least that happened to me, which I found to be kind of strange, but hey, you know what they say: When in Mode, Enjoy the Static.  

No comments:

Post a Comment