Monday, July 7, 2014

CASSETTE REVIEW: Zach Bryson and His Natural Born Easemen “Ain’t It Hard Times” (Captain Crook Records)


            This begins on a false start, as there is some music, then a bunch of dead air and then I believe the songs officially kick in.   The songs themselves are country at their core, but there are hints of folk, Americana and bluegrass.    I don’t have a whole lot to say about it because it isn’t a genre I’m familiar with (The one artist I can think of to compare this with is on the tip of my tongue, but the name will escape me until I receive the next mailing list email)

            Oh yeah, and there is some yodeling in here as well, which is a very nice touch.   Again, it’s not a genre I’m familiar with, but I do enjoy it because there are times when it is okay to live outside your genre.  It’s that sort of sad country vibe to the lyrics as well (The first song is about Christmas) and most everyone can relate to that I think.    If I can come up with that artist’s name that I want to compare this with, then I certainly will edit and update it as such.






No comments:

Post a Comment