Monday, June 9, 2014

CD REVIEW: NOXAGT “Collection 1” (Drid Machine)


                For these nine songs, the brutal is brought to your doorstep, the buzzer is pushed and when you open the door, your ears are ripped right off of your head.    After first hearing NOXAGT live on cassette, I wasn’t sure what to expect from their studio recording- and on a CD at that- but this literally just blew me away.

                Okay, I’m back now.   NOXAGT have the power violence thing down where some could easily compare their wrath to that of Converge or Every Time I Die, but I find them to be better associated with a band like Ed Gein, the Number Twelve Looks Like You or just someone from Robotic Empire.

                Some vocals do make their way onto this album, but for the most part it is instrumental and only that much harsher for it.    I’m glad that I was able to listen to this on CD as opposed to any other player first because whether it be cassette player or computer, this probably would’ve caused permanent and irreparable damage to my speakers. 




No comments:

Post a Comment