Tuesday, May 27, 2014

notsoterriblemovie Review: Safety Not Guaranteed


                Wow, this was a very strange movie but in all the right ways.   A journalist in Seattle and two interns explore an ad placed in the paper where someone is seeking someone to go back in time with him.   Yes, my friends, this is about time traveling and it will make you happy you never suffered through “The Time Traveler’s Wife”.

                This movie definitely has its funny moments, but overall I just felt it was captivating.  I found myself just engrossed with this movie.   A world was created (Even though Seattle is real) where I believed what was happening to be true.

                I don’t want to give away the ending or wax theories on it, but I will say that this movie does come with some twists and turns and subplots as well.  This is about as close as I ever want to come to watching a romantic comedy, but I’m not really sure this qualifies as one.

                The point with “Safety Not Guaranteed” is that no matter how outlandish the plot may seem on paper, and no matter how much you might feel that way at the start of the movie, it does just a terrific job of winning you over and making you believe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment