Tuesday, May 27, 2014

notsoterriblemovie Review: God Bless America


                I had wanted to see this movie for some time, as it is directed by Bobcat Goldthwait, and I checked it out from the library, and then eventually just decided to watch it on Netflix.   It stars one of the Murray brothers as a guy who thinks he has cancer so he basically goes on this rampage, killing the so-called celebrities that occupy our society today.

                Very few of the points made in this movie are opinions that I disagree with.   We, as a society, do spend too much time being self involved and really everything that this movie accuses us of being.  As a thirty something year old parent with a two year old son, I know I am not going to raise him with whatever ideals were put into the heads of Honey Boo Boo or those kids on that sweet sixteen birthday party show.

                The only part of this movie that I really don’t agree with is about the people being able to high five.   There is nothing wrong with the high five.  But if you are on social media or watch television that was produced in the “reality” era, then yes, I strongly encourage you to watch this movie as it should give you something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment