Wednesday, May 28, 2014

CASSETTE REVIEW: Fathers Day “Life.” (Related Records)


                There exists a movie called “Fathers Day” and it has Robin Williams and Billy Crystal as the stars.  I often times remember this as “That movie from my youth that had Sugar Ray perform in it”, which is probably the best way to remember it.  However, neither that movie nor Sugar Ray really seem to have anything to do with this Fathers Day.

                These songs are straight forward, hardcore punk like Minor Threat or something that might be either straight edge or just preachy somehow otherwise, but they are good.   The lyrics are all based around being a father, which sometimes based on the songs seems to be more of a chore than a pleasure.

                For me… I’ve been a dad for a little over two years now and there’s nothing like it.  Some of these lyrics make me cringe, though I do think on some levels that is the point (As it does seem rather tongue in cheek), but the music is solid so as long as you’ve got that going for you who cares as long as it doesn’t discriminate.    This is definitely a cassette someone could’ve given me in the old CT hardcore scene.  









No comments:

Post a Comment