Wednesday, February 12, 2014

MP3 REVIEW: Mormon Toasterhead “Memory”


                The first song on this album is called “memory”, but it’s really the single “happy days” just renamed.  You’re not fooling anyone, you Mormon Toasterhead you!! 

                This is a different kind of ambient.  There are synth loops or something equally as weird going on here, so it’s kind of the opposite of what was found on the “Waldo” EP. 

                Speaking of which, the song “blue dream” closes out that particular EP and finds its way to the sixth spot on this album, so I have no idea what’s going on with these crazy songs.  I just know that Mormon Toasterhead seems to have split personalities with their music and this is the experimental/electronic/instrumental side.

                In a lot of ways, because of that, MTH now reminds me of Illegal Wiretaps, whom I love perhaps too much, and so now I shall also listen to all Mormon Toasterhead music that I can.  Even if only because I have a headache so I am going to jump out the window.  

No comments:

Post a Comment