Monday, February 24, 2014

MP3 REVIEW: Mattress “Fuck the Future” (Field Hymns)


                For the first song on this Mattress album, I can hear vocals coming out in a somewhat strange way that makes me think of something between Xiu Xiu and Illegal Wiretaps.   But as the album progresses, the hints of “A Secret I Can’t Decode” shift over to what I believe to be a modern version of The Doors. 

                I just imagine The Doors getting together, forming a band and putting out music in the 21st century and it sounding almost exactly like this.   That’s not at all a jab- because I love The Doors and think that they’d have a sort of updated style if formed now and not all those years ago.   So this is just kind of how that updated sound might present itself and I’m digging it.


No comments:

Post a Comment