Wednesday, February 12, 2014

CD REVIEW: Scotch Greens “Professional” (Brass Tacks Records)

                 Through some stroke of fate or luck or whatever, I actually only got this CD a few months ago.  It was supposed to be delivered to where I used to live back in 2006, though technically it would have went to my parents house back then so I don’t know why it didn’t because I was there then either.

                Seven years after this CD was sent to me in the mail it finally arrived.   Wow.  I’d be more shocked if it wasn’t for the fact that this randomly showed up at my parents house one day in a larger envelope with another CD sent by someone else. 

                I don’t know what’s going on at the DLO, but I would like to work there please.

                The hardest part about reviewing this CD is that this band seems to be defunct.   They haven’t posted on their Facebook page for a while, this might be their only release and, well, when I tried to go to their website listed inside the CD booklet it came up not found.

                In 2003, I was listening to those cowboy songs from Against Me! and this in a lot of ways does resemble that cowboy punk.   It would be like Bullets & Octane is a mix of punk and metal, but this instead is punk and country.   Their songs even reflect as such lyrically.

                This is somewhere between Rancid, New Bomb Turks, Bouncing Souls and H20, in terms of punk, but then it has that country kick like that time Me First and the Gimme Gimmes did the country album.  I believe it was called “Loves Their Country”.





No comments:

Post a Comment