Thursday, February 13, 2014

CASSETTE REVIEW: Rod Hamilton “Teal”


                I never really know why I hear what I do when I listen to music.   This tape, if nothing else, made me think a lot about how different people interpret different things.  It made me question some of the greater questions of education, such as why is this way.

                In high school (and prior) I always wondered about literature.  How could you say that Author A meant Theory 1 about his book?  How did you know that?  Is it because it was what you thought?  Is it because it was what you were taught to think?

                Either way, I say nuts to all that garbage and start reading books because you like them and get what you want to out of them.  On the same note, listen to music to hear what you want to hear and because you like it.

                At different points on this cassette, I hear hints of what can only be described as Disney animated movies as they are (in order) “Lady and the Tramp”, “Mulan” and “Lilo & Stitch”.   For some reason, I also feel compelled to note that I hear a little bit of “The Great Mouse Detective” soundtrack also.

                Oh, and it might just be because I have a son now or it might be because I’ve always been a kid at heart, but the second song on this tape opens up like “La la la la / La la la la / It’s Elmo’s World”.   On second thought, I suppose that is the having a child influence because I have never watched a second of Elmo on my own.





No comments:

Post a Comment