Thursday, February 6, 2014

CASSETTE REVIEW: Opposites “Printer’s Ink on Everything” (Grandpa Bay)

                How do you describe the band that you haven’t heard before?  I’ve always wondered, back when sounds were first being founded, how people wrote about them.   If you couldn’t trace the band back to Sex Pistols, how did you write about them?

                “Printer’s Ink on Everything” begins with some messy static, as if everything is breaking.  The music that follows is somewhere between a less commercial version of Weezer and possibly a mod band. 

                Actually, that may not be right.   There might be bits of Tora! Tora! Torrance.  There also might be points of Hum, if only vocally.  And, yes, I will admit that maybe there even is some Radiohead in here.  But I honestly don’t know.

                Those are the closest comparisons I can draw, but I do know that this is good.  Oh yeah, and please don’t ask me to describe it when the aliens attack.







No comments:

Post a Comment