Tuesday, December 3, 2013

CASSETTE REVIEW: N O W “Are You New Age?” (Bridgetown Records)

                These are three songs that pack a punch.  I always confuse this title with it saying “Are You New Wave?” because this sounds more new wave than new age.  I’m pretty sure that new age is a musical genre, but being that it’s one I’ve tried to stay away from I can’t really tell you what it’s like aside from maybe Enya or something like that.

                This reminds me a lot of Talking Heads, if only because I’m singing “Same as it ever was” in the back of my mind as the first song plays.    For the three songs though and having a title track, this could almost be a maxisingle. 

                Whatever you call it, and whatever “new age” is exactly, I do like this music. 

http://bridgetownrecords.bandcamp.com/album/are-you-new-age






No comments:

Post a Comment