Tuesday, December 3, 2013

CASSETTE REVIEW: Low Fields “why can’t we have nice things/why we can’t have nice things”

                This is one of a few tapes that I found via Band Camp, began listening to online and said, “Ah, screw it” and just ended up getting the tape because a) I liked it so much and b) I knew it’d sound better on cassette. 

                The music of Low Fields is dismal.  It has that quality that a lot of music I like seems to take with the varying ways to say “I hate myself and I want to die”.    It is primarily an acoustic guitar with a lot of vocals over it.

                You know how some music has that quality of being primarily instrumental, only it can’t be purely instrumental because a few sparse vocals come out here and there?   Yeah, Low Fields is the inverse of that as there seems to be more words per minute than anything going on here and I love it.

                So if you’re sick of the world around you and want to hear some blatantly honest confessional type lyrics, Low Fields should be on your playlist.  And by playlist of course I mean you should buy this cassette. 

http://lowfield.bandcamp.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment