Wednesday, October 16, 2013

SPOTIFY REVIEW: Speedy Ortiz “Major Arcana”

                I really enjoyed the “Sports” EP, which came out in 2012, and this album is more of that type of music but the lyrics are different now.  So, mainly, you’re listening to the same sort of vibe as if Poe fronted That Dog, for example, with some L7 and other female music clichés thrown in for good measure.

                The difference between this and that, and how this expands from the previous EP, is that these songs are of a different nature lyrically and that’s fine by me.  I really like the style of the band Speedy Ortiz, but I don’t know if I could have sat through a full length about sports. 


                So, yes, add this to your top ten lists from this year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment