Wednesday, October 16, 2013

SPOTIFY REVIEW: MGMT s/t

                As I look at the archives for MGMT, I see that I have a review up for “Oracular Spectacular”, however I don’t have one for “Congratulations”.  At this point in time I’m not sure whether that will change or not, but rest assured I have listened to “Congratulations” a lot and do enjoy it.  I actually thought I had posted a review for it but apparently not.

                What I once described as being poppy like The Beatles and All-American Rejects takes a turn for the better on their newest album.  This has beats that remind me of Folk Implosion, yet at the same time, they can channel Pink Floyd rather well and be quite trippy. 


                I don’t know how I would have responded to another pop record from MGMT (Too much of the same or could they have made it work?) but since this has taken a slight detour and sort of expanded their musical base, I feel like MGMT really knows what they’re doing and should be a staple in my music library for a long time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment