Monday, September 9, 2013

MP3 REVIEW: Drowning Dreams “Dream while drowning” (Patetico Recordings)

                It took me a little while to realize how much Drowning Dreams reminds me of Primitive Radio Gods.   At first, I heard some Blue October and other bands.   “Something dark in the heart” has an almost rap feel to it.   There are more than one instrumental numbers as well.   “Where no one has gone” has singing.  But by the end I’m stuck on PRG as my focal point for Drowning Dreams.

                What gets me about this album, and it’s really a fine piece of music don’t get me wrong, is that they have a line: “Second chances come once in a lifetime”.    For some reason, that line really bothers me.  

                On one hand, if it’s a *second* chance can it really come only *once*?   I guess by its very nature, since it is a second chance it can only come once because the previous chance was the first chance, and the next chance would the third chance.

                So in that respect, a second chance can only really come once because you’re next chance after that would be a third chance and then a fourth chance.   So maybe it’s not as prolific as it sounds. 


                Basically, the math and technicalities of it makes my head hurt so I’m going to stop thinking about it and just enjoy this music.  I recommend you do the same.

http://pateticorecordings.bandcamp.com/album/dream-while-drowning

No comments:

Post a Comment