Monday, September 9, 2013

MP3 REVIEW: Twenty Eleven “20 Summers”

                Twenty Eleven will be the first one to tell you that it “took more than a couple of rhymes to make this”.    While that is true, it also took a lot of influence from 1990’s hip hop to make this as well.

                While someone like Outkast or Gym Class Heroes would be a good modern point to pin this album to, I hear more of the hip hop I grew up with in the 1990’s in here than the modern mix.   I’m talking about names from A Tribe Called Quest to Kid N Play.  

                And just listen to “When She Home” and try to tell me you can’t hear the Bones Thugs N Harmony influence.


                This is some top notch hip hop and if you don’t believe me, know that one of the world’s finest rappers, Kyle Hubbard, is on the last track.   Kyle Hubbard has never steered y’all wrong and you know it.

http://twentyeleven.bandcamp.com/album/20-summers

No comments:

Post a Comment