Friday, July 12, 2013

SBSR: we set sail / Inside the Whale split


http://wesetsail.bandcamp.com/album/we-set-sail-inside-the-whale-split
Name Your Price Download

<1> “Iron Lung” by we set sail – We begin with Foo Fighters-like drums.  Then we turn into FNL.  Definitely post rock, y’all.  Oh, and vocals come out.  Now I can really hear Park in this, which I love because I have no idea what happened to that band.  And here comes an audio clip about not believing in God, Communism, hahaha… this is some funny stuff.  I’m glad to see how far we’ve come as a society since way back then and… Umm, never mind.  “So keep your eyes on the road / ‘Cause maps have got you nowhere so far”.   Wow this is kind of hurting my ears, but it’s still so good.  Oh damn that came on louder than I had expected.  I turned it up too much it would seem.  This singer also sounds kind of like the singer for Gatsbys American Dream.  And the song stops about fifteen seconds before the five minute mark. 

<2> “Dust Bowl” by Inside the Whale – This song is coming on louder and more distorted.  Is it Dinosaur Jr. or Creed?  Now it kind of sounds like Foo Fighters.  Maybe No Motiv.  It isn’t as bad as Creed though.  I take that comment from earlier back, though musically I could still kind of hear it.  Just a little.  Now we have the little break down, and that’s nice.   Now he’s saying this is an out of body experience.  No, Mr. Whale, put your clothes back on!!  This actually could be how you make Creed sound tolerable.  Or this could be better related to a song like “My Hero”.  Now we’re doing that post rock/newer Blink 182 sounding thing.   And now as we’re nearing the end I can hear a bit of Green Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment