1) What do you want people to hear most when they hear your music?
I'm grateful enough they listen to it at all.
2) Having music on Band Camp, along with other such platforms in music right now such as Sound Cloud, Spotify and others, do you feel that music is moving into a virtual age? Personally, I fully support the idea of downloading songs for free from Band Camp and then if I like them buying them on vinyl.
I'm not totally sure what you mean by virtual age, but if you're referring it to being mostly listened to in a format that isn't a physical item, I think that it's happening is a natural progression. You can access so much information online, music wouldn't be
any exception. In regards to the making/performing of it, I think people go to shows and listen to music for the same reasons as they always have for decades and that's to be entertained in some way. They just are now possibly aware of it in a different
3) How important of a factor do you feel that record labels play in music these days when pretty much anyone can put their music on the internet as opposed to having to hand out demo tapes at shows, the distribution record labels can offer, etc. It just seems like it’s a bit easier these days to succeed as a band- and even build up a strong fan base- before a label possibly comes calling for you.
I would assume that 95% of music that is put up on the internet is likened to uploading pictures etc on your personal social networking site/blog etc. It's mostly only experienced by the people who made it, the person whom uploaded it and their
friends/family. The other 5% capture enough profile to be heard by more people through PR/live shows/media/radio etc and some of that has be still credited to record labels. Except now, they have the same access as blog sites and those that have
internet. There are still hard working and passionate people in labels of which without them, some successful bands wouldn't have music careers.
4) If you could tour with any single band or musician who would you pick and why?
I'd tour with the bands I have been lucky to work with or be in. Spending large amounts of time with people in a testing environment, I prefer to know what to expect.
5) Who is your favorite New Kid on the Block?
They're all acknowledged equally.
6) Who would win in a musical fight: Jack Black or Jack White?
I'd take a killer guitar lick over slapstick any day.