1) What do you want people to hear most when they hear your music?
I don't think it's as much about what people here, but more about how they feel when they listen to the music. We tend to try to write music that strikes an emotional chord with people. Whether it's the lyrics or just the feel, that's what we aim for. Lately it seems we have been drawing from our experiences at sea, but that might change someday.
2) Having music on Band Camp, along with other such platforms in music right now such as Sound Cloud, Spotify and others, do you feel that music is moving into a virtual age? Personally, I fully support the idea of downloading songs for free from Band Camp and then if I like them buying them on vinyl.
We definitely agree with you on that. I think it's important to give away your music for free if you are an up and coming artist because there are so many bands out there... and only so much time in the day (and money) for people to listen to you. We've found that many people who do download for free and like the music end up buying the full album because they are interested in hearing more and supporting our work. We also release limited edition hand made CDs which people seem to like as a collectors item. Maybe we'll get to vinyl someday...
3) How important of a factor do you feel that record labels play in music these days when pretty much anyone can put their music on the internet as opposed to having to hand out demo tapes at shows, the distribution record labels can offer, etc. It just seems like it’s a bit easier these days to succeed as a band- and even build up a strong fan base- before a label possibly comes calling for you.
With a little hard work, it's fairly simple to bypass the labels altogether and distribute directly to your fans. As you mentioned above, the advent of bandcamp has made it extremely easy for people to find and buy your music if they want to buy it. It's also a bit more rewarding when you're doing it yourself!
4) If you could tour with any single band or musician who would you pick and why?
Right now, probably the Whitest Boy Alive. I think the music would be a good match and they seem like pretty nice guys.
5) Who is your favorite New Kid on the Block?
Maybe Donny... but I think we're bigger Marky Mark fans in general.
6) Who would win in a musical fight: Jack Black or Jack White?
I think Jack Donaghy could take them both out.