1) What do you want people to hear most when they hear your music?
An honest performance.
2) Having music on Band Camp, along with other such platforms in music right now such as Sound Cloud, Spotify and others, do you feel that music is moving into a virtual age? Personally, I fully support the idea of downloading songs for free from Band Camp and then if I like them buying them on vinyl.
We're at a turning point in history where for the first time musicians can sell their music worldwide without a middle man, and consumers should want to buy music direct from the musician, it should make them feel good inside, they shouldn't be looking for ways to get a whole album for free or paying Spotify or Rdio for a subscription that short changes the artist. Soon the mp3 will be replaced by a vinyl quality digital file that will be available via streaming, and there will not be a need for physical goods anymore. The only reason why physical goods will sell will be as collector's items, and that will be to a very small percentage of the population. So my feeling is if you like a band's music, buy it directly from the band. Buying a download helps make vinyl records.
3) How important of a factor do you feel that record labels play in music these days when pretty much anyone can put their music on the internet as opposed to having to hand out demo tapes at shows, the distribution record labels can offer, etc. It just seems like it’s a bit easier these days to succeed as a band- and even build up a strong fan base- before a label possibly comes calling for you.
We met a guy whose band opened for Ray Charles for three months on road and never recorded a single song because the process was so expensive and limited to a small percentage of people with the resources. Bands used to send typed or written letters to fans, now we have social media and live streaming. The resources are available to everyone today, so labels are not necessary. What we're fighting for now is attention from the public. The endless media of the internet has created a world of people with short attention spans.
4) If you could tour with any single band or musician who would you pick and why?
Jimi Hendrix, because watching him play every night would be new every time.
5) Who is your favorite New Kid on the Block?
6) Who would win in a musical fight: Jack Black or Jack White?
Jack Black, he has the pick of destiny!