Wednesday, August 15, 2012

INTERVIEW: Weekend Nachos

1)      What do you want people to hear most when they hear your music?

I want people to hear heaviness and pure aggression.  We live in a world where people and things drive people fucking insane...it's really nice to have fucking insane music to listen to when you want to relate your brain to something you can feel with your ears.  At least, that's always nice for me to have, anyways.  That's what I want Weekend Nachos to do for people when they hear us.

2)      Having music on Band Camp, along with other such platforms in music right now such as Sound Cloud, Spotify and others, do you feel that music is moving into a virtual age?  Personally, I fully support the idea of downloading songs for free from Band Camp and then if I like them buying them on vinyl.

It's an age we'd be foolish to ignore.  Personally, I try to ignore it for my own life because I don't enjoy the electronic life.  Yeah, I know I say that as I send you an email but for real...when it comes to music, I like to listen to vinyl and tapes and sometimes CD's.  This I-tunes shit is fucking tired already, I never got any kind of thrill from it.  However...when it comes to business and doing a band, you can't push your audience away from an inevitable revolution.  We are fine with having music for free on the internet because this is just where we're at now.  I'd rather stay relevant and have people enjoy our music than lose legions of supporters because we're too salty about digital downloading.  You catch my drift, bro?

3)      How important of a factor do you feel that record labels play in music these days when pretty much anyone can put their music on the internet as opposed to having to hand out demo tapes at shows, the distribution record labels can offer, etc.   It just seems like it’s a bit easier these days to succeed as a band- and even build up a strong fan base- before a label possibly comes calling for you.

Well that depends on how you look at things.  Is a label for you just a way to show people "hey look...THESE GUYS think we're cool so you should too!"  In that case, you're fucked because fewer people give a shit about that now than ever before.  Sorry, posers.  For me (and for us), record labels simply keep things fun and interesting and authentic.  We release tangible formats through friends of ours and sometimes ourselves because we believe in keeping things kosher within our community.  That can mean a bunch of things for different people but for us it means keeping records available and supporting eachother's endeavors through hard work, dedication, time and yes...money.

4)      If you could tour with any single band or musician who would you pick and why?

Probably IN DISGUST, from San Jose, CA.  They are one of our favorite fastcore bands of all time and we love them as people.  Our sense of humor are very on par with eachother and we would have a fucking blast on the road. It's a shame they broke up...they completely smoke any other American "grindcore" band that thinks they've got what it takes to pulverize women and children.

5)      Who is your favorite New Kid on the Block?

I never got into them, really...but I'm gonna say Donny Wahlberg because, well, because he's a Wahlberg.  I love the Wahlbergs.  Those brothers are fucking hard.  Would not fuck with either of them.

6)      Who would win in a musical fight: Jack Black or Jack White?
Definitely Jack Black.  Jack White would be too busy failing at teaching his sister how to play drums which I would imagine is extremely distracting in a battle.  Jack Black has the Pick of Destiny by his side.  That would win any musical fight, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment