1) What do you want people to hear most when they hear your music?
2) Having music on Band Camp, along with other such platforms in music right now such as Sound Cloud, Spotify and others, do you feel that music is moving into a virtual age?
Absolutely. But physical music is still a passion of mine and I don’t want to see if fade away. Being able to hold music in a tangible for is awesome. Vinyl, CDs, tapes ect. All that stuff. But the internet is definitely king right now. Anyone who has recording anything, and wants it to be heard, can do that.
3) How important of a factor do you feel that record labels play in music these days when pretty much anyone can put their music on the internet as opposed to having to hand out demo tapes at shows, the distribution record labels can offer, etc. It just seems like it’s a bit easier these days to succeed as a band- and even build up a strong fan base- before a label possibly comes calling for you.
Yeah I’m not sure exactly. I've never worked with a big label or anything so I couldn't speak from experience, but I know that its definitely a different game today. Labels do help I’m sure, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be successful without one. If you are focusing on only making money, then yeah, a label might be able to sell more CDs for you.
4) If you could tour with any single band or musician who would you pick and why?
Probably a small local band. Some people that I am friends with. I wouldn't want to throw a name at you like 'Radiohead' or something. I could never give them an adequate opening act, haha/
5) Who is your favorite New Kid on the Block?
I really like St. Lucia. He makes some killer tunes.
6) Who would win in a musical fight: Jack Black or Jack White?
Hmmmm. Jack Black would have a bunch of sweet fake fight moves, but I think Jack White takes things a bit more seriously and would kick his butt, haha.