2) Having music on Band Camp, along with other such platforms in music right now such as Sound Cloud, Spotify and others, do you feel that music is moving into a virtual age? Personally, I fully support the idea of downloading songs for free from Band Camp and then if I like them buying them on vinyl.
3) How important of a factor do you feel that record labels play in music these days when pretty much anyone can put their music on the internet as opposed to having to hand out demo tapes at shows, the distribution record labels can offer, etc. It just seems like it’s a bit easier these days to succeed as a band- and even build up a strong fan base- before a label possibly comes calling for you.
It is much easier. But I also like to have some physical goods that people can keep. I like to have little trinkets from things, so I want others to as well. Since I have never been on a major label, I really have no idea what factor they play. But I did have a split tape put out on the DIY label MJMJ Records. That was an amazing experience. It got me connected with so many amazing people.
4) If you could tour with any single band or musician who would you pick and why?
I tried, and I don't think I can pick just one. Really, if anyone asked me to tour with them I would probably do it. Meeting and making new friends, traveling, and playing music (probably in that order) are my favorite things on earth.
5) Who is your favorite New Kid on the Block?
I honestly had to just google them right now. I don't know who my favorite is. I will tell you which one I think is most handsome, and that is Joey.
6) Who would win in a musical fight: Jack Black or Jack White?
No one wins in a fight.