Tuesday, May 15, 2012

SBSR: Monarchs - ft. Celeste “a Monarchs Mixtape”

Monarchs - ft. Celeste “a Monarchs Mixtape”
Recently, I’ve been downloading and listening to music like crazy from Band Camp.   This is a review of a group of songs by the same band I got from Band Camp- usually it constitutes an EP.   This is a song-by-song review and it is never to exceed six songs.   At the end, I will tell you the “Recommended Downloading Level”, which means whether or not I think you should spend your time downloading these songs.   It’s on a scale from 1 to 5, 5 meaning that you should stop reading my review and download these songs immediately and 1 meaning that if you even think about downloading these songs your computer will be infected with a horrific bad music virus.   Enjoy.
<1> “Loose in the Knees” – Female vocals over that drum machine meets piano sound.   It is something unlike what I’m used to hearing as it’s not quite Corrine Bailey Rae but it has some similar traits in the vocals.
<2> “Flip the Sound” – Same as the first song, just with some stops and starts.     Yeah, this Celeste is belting these lyrics out in a definite Lily Allen sort of way.
                There are still four songs left on here but I don’t need to hear any more to let you know that you should be listening to this music.
Recommended Downloading Level:  3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment