Tuesday, May 15, 2012

SBSR: Megafauna “Love Project EP”

Megafauna “Love Project EP”
Recently, I’ve been downloading and listening to music like crazy from Band Camp.   This is a review of a group of songs by the same band I got from Band Camp- usually it constitutes an EP.   This is a song-by-song review and it is never to exceed six songs.   At the end, I will tell you the “Recommended Downloading Level”, which means whether or not I think you should spend your time downloading these songs.   It’s on a scale from 1 to 5, 5 meaning that you should stop reading my review and download these songs immediately and 1 meaning that if you even think about downloading these songs your computer will be infected with a horrific bad music virus.   Enjoy.
<1> “This Town” – This starts off with that Blondie kind of guitar and what not, but then it gets much heavier in the chorus.   I’d be hesitant to compare this to Paramore but it definitely has a certain fire behind it.
<2> “Love Project” – Now this song is starting out a bit slower, more like a ballad than the first song.   The vocals are kind of turning into that indie singer/songwriter sound that I’ve heard all too many times before.   I hope this kicks in.    Well, it just slightly kicked in but still remains kind of soft.
<3> “Scratch at the Latch” – This song starts off sounding like something from Delta Dart and then we kick into something that could fall under the grunge category.    This is sort of like Hole, but not quite.
                I will admit to liking this to a certain extent.  I’d love to hear a full length from Megafauna as it could be fantastic.   You should hear this, yes.
Recommended Downloading Level:  3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment