Friday, April 1, 2016

Toy Review: Poe Dameron / Star Wars: The Black Series (Hasbro)

Since finding this version of Poe at Walmart we have since seen figures in the same series for Chewie, Han Solo and Captain Phasma.     Quentin knew who they all were and seemed excited to see them but when I asked him if he wanted them he said no.   He most likely won't pass up Finn as a Storm Trooper, but right now the Star Wars: The Force Awakens figures sit on a shelf with some WWE figures and so I'd either have to move the WWE figures or get a bigger shelf if I wanted to buy every single character from The Force Awakens and even the movies beyond that so we're going to build this collection really slowly I believe.  Plus when the movie comes to Blu-Ray and we watch it a thousand more times Quentin will be all about the toys again.  

One of the things which bothered me about the Poe figure which came with the Storm Trooper is that he seems almost exactly like the Finn figure we got because they're dressed the same.   Granted, this is not inaccurate to the movie or characters in it but I just felt like we needed a way to make Poe more distinct and as I mentioned earlier with the Finn as Storm Trooper figure I do feel like that will add another dimension to our SW:TFA collection as well.    

In many ways it's like the Poe and Finn figures we had before this were at a crossroads together and now we have them in different times as the two we had before didn't seem to go together but now they can mix it up more accurately.   I don't know if that makes sense but this is a solid figure and I like almost better than the other version of him though both serve their own purposes and, well, I'm all about the main four characters in TFA (Rey, Finn, Poe and Kylo Ren)  We may or may not end up buying various versions of all of these characters but as it stands right now, this was an invaluable piece to completing our SW:TFA collection and the only other figure I feel like we really *need* in the series is Finn as Storm Trooper.  









No comments:

Post a Comment