Friday, December 5, 2014

MP3 Review: The Black Watch "Sugarplum Fairy, Sugarplum Fairy"


If The Smiths and The Cure had a crossover band would anyone care?   Okay, maybe someone would but I know that I certainly wouldn't.   This is part Love Spit Love as well, and there might be some other influences in here that are too small to name, but for the most part this just sounds like The Smiths to it and I'm okay with not listening to The Smiths so to kind of not listen to this ever again is also fine by me.

Oh, and there are clever lines like "I remembered to forget".   That probably best sums up this CD for me- a painful notion that lacks logic and reason.  It's been done before (Done to death) and yet still continues to happen and expects different results.

Sure, if you're a fan of The Smiths or even The Cure enough to the point that you would listen to music that sounded close enough to them yet not exactly like them then this should be right up your sleeve.   But if you're like me you'll probably only hear The Smiths coming out with traces of The Cure and as such let this one be for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment