Thursday, September 4, 2014

MP3 REVIEW: Caroline Says “50,000,000 Elvis Fans Can’t Be Wrong” (Noumenal Loom)


                One of the biggest influences I can hear coming out in this release is that of EFS.   Granted, EFS comes out in nearly everything that I listen to, but he especially comes out on this now sold out cassette by Caroline Says.  (Yes, I’m reviewing it digitally because I’d have to get the cassette second hand at this point)    Yet, somehow, this appearance of EFS on this cassette doesn’t really bother me.   I’m not so quick to write this off as a rip off or anything and that intrigues me.

                There are piano bits and it can be acoustic as well, but the overall sound is that of a rocking band.   It reminds me of something like Copeland or a band along those lines that I just can’t place right now and maybe I don’t even want to.    “Streetlights” as a song also brings out some Blue Oyster Cult, which is an interesting little jump in this otherwise consistent song structure. 

                Overall, I enjoy this both musically and lyrically and I feel like that’s all that matters.  If you like listening to it, then what else do you really need to prove?   These are songs of pure beauty and should be experienced if you so desire.  

No comments:

Post a Comment