Friday, January 3, 2014

SPOTIFY REVIEW: Marley Carroll “Sings” (Melanaster)


                After looking this up and listening to it through Spotify, I saw the link for it come up nearly every time I search anything on Band Camp.   Needless to say, it’s on either platform so just choose which one you’d like to use to listen to it.

                The music of Marley Carroll is not quite pop, but it is built around mostly melodies and harmonies.  It’s something like Work Drugs or even a less annoying version of Owl City.   I have thought of it as “pop with electronic backing”, but still cannot seem to find the words to do it justice.

                There are some instrumental bits and even female vocals at one point, so overall this is just one of those pieces of music that at first I wasn’t quite certain about but after listening to it has really become one of my favorites.

                This is a great example as to why I don’t do “Best Of” lists, as this would clearly have me making some last minute changes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment