Tuesday, December 3, 2013

CASSETTE REVIEW: Slurred Terms “The Way You Told Me” (Turn of the Century Records)

                This music has a definite singer/songwriter quality to it, but it also finds itself sounding somewhat post hardcore.   I wonder how this is possible, but I don’t wonder for very long.  I eventually come to find that this is what I Kill Giants would sound like acoustic and it is superb.

                The first side closes out with an audio clip where Alan confesses to Bill that he doesn’t want him to die and he wants to play D&D too and he likes sci-fi but they never invite him to any of their parties.  I won’t name the show, but I did watch it when it was on television (Yes, that is how I spent my youthful Saturday nights) and have cherished it ever since.


No comments:

Post a Comment