Tuesday, December 3, 2013

CASSETTE REVIEW: Derek Rogers “Signifying Memory” (A Giant Fern)

                On my second time hearing Derek Rogers, this time on a different label, I begin to hear his music sounding less like previously posted and more now like an instrumental indie rock type of band.  It reminds me more now of the first time I heard The Cancer Conspiracy, for instance.

                What I like about this tape (Though the music is quite good, but that should go without saying) is that it comes in a little wooden box with a lyric sheet folded up inside.  At first, I thought the wooden box was just to secure the tape during shipping, but it does prove to be a clever and useful alternative to the standard design.

                Aside from a split that was only available on a west coast tour (what!), I’ve been trying my best to follow the music of Derek Rogers via cassette tapes and so far I have not been disappointed.  If you are taking this journey with me, then you know how excited I am right now. 

http://agiantfern.bandcamp.com/album/signifying-memory
http://derekrogers.bandcamp.com/






No comments:

Post a Comment