Wednesday, November 6, 2013

SPOTIFY REVIEW: Telepathe “Dance Mother”


            Telepathe is another band in a great line of bands that I found via Spotify and am quite happy that I did.   From 2009, I fell in love with this album instantly.  It is the best possible combination of synth, pop, bass and synth gaze bliss. 

            From the Eurhythmics to New Order, this band takes me back to a time when music was so new to me, yet this isn’t just some synth pop band either.   It seems like, based upon my notes, that this should just be your typical straight up synth pop band that has a catchy chorus and sing along melody.

            This musically is actually a bit more complex than that, but amidst the chaos and confusion comes a sort of brilliance and beauty.

            Back in 2009 I don’t know what I was doing.  I was living in Texas, sure, and in 2010 I’d be in a mental hospital, but in 2009 exactly… I suppose I was on the verge of breaking down.   2009 does seem like quite a lost year for music for me though.


            Though this is all I can find by Telepathe on Spotify, their Wikipedia page seems to indicate that they are still an active band while their Facebook page also confirms that they are still playing shows.   Perhaps new music is on its way, but for now you need to be listening to this if you have not already been.

No comments:

Post a Comment