Tuesday, November 12, 2013

MP3 REVIEW: Foreign Tongues “Glue” EP (Youth Conspiracy)

                It’s hard to pinpoint a band like Foreign Tongues.   Their sound of hardcore punk is somewhere between Hot Water Music, Say Anything and something else entirely (Maybe Vinnie from The Avalanche/Movielife?)  I can hear pieces of a band like maybe Finger Eleven in here, but then also it can get to a heavier extent to something like Park.

                The last song especially cranks it up a notch and really brings out the hardcore qualities of the band.

                In the way that I felt when I first heard the Beautiful Mistake but not really sounding exactly like them, Foreign Tongues have really won me over with this EP.


                I also must note that I enjoy these lyrics, right from the first song’s line of “It’s such a shame to say that I turned out this way”.

http://foreigntonguesrock.bandcamp.com/album/glue

No comments:

Post a Comment