Thursday, October 31, 2013

SPOTIFY REVIEW: The Sounds "Weekend"


            According to their Spotify bio, The Sounds do not mind if you tell them that their sound has been influenced by Blondie.   That being said, this could very well be the Swedish version of Blondie which would be okay if there wasn’t already a band that sounded like Blondie and named Blondie.

            This is a bit more like pop rock or pop punk than Blondie, so it has that going for it.  Based on their lyrics, I can tell that this band really lives for the weekend.  I guess if you see them play on a Monday through Friday night you’re going to only get a half-assed show because that’s not what they’re living for now is it?


            Yeah, I listened to this to review it, but I don’t really ever see myself listening to it again on purpose.   

No comments:

Post a Comment