Wednesday, October 16, 2013

SPOTIFY REVIEW: PVT "Homosapien"

             Though I am fairly certain that I came across this album simply by it being a “related artist” on Spotify, I am not entirely sure who this is related to that I found it from.   It doesn’t really matter how I found it though, I’m just glad that I did.

            PVT combines the old and new versions of that synth pop sound that can be referred to as new wave.  It also can remind me on many levels of The Breakfast Club, which is not a bad thing.  It can bring out The Killers toward the middle/second half of the album and in the song “Disconnect” Beck comes out, but it’s still a good listen overall.


            I was rather pleasantly surprised by this one and I think you will be too.  If you listen to the deluxe edition on Spotify, you get a bonus set of 8 remixes which is pretty fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment