Wednesday, October 16, 2013

SPOTIFY REVIEW: Elf Power "Sunlight on the Moon" (Orange Twin)

            If you want to know all that there is to know about Elf Power, just know that this is their eleventh album (Yes, 11!) and yet I have not really heard any of the other ten albums they’ve put out, though the band name is familiar to me.

            Sifting through the Spotify bio, I was pretty certain that I knew this band because Jimmy Hughes (Boys Star Library) was a member, but there is no mention of him in the Spotify bio that I could see by giving it a quick glance over.   However, the Wikipedia page for Elf Power does include him as a member, so take that for what it’s worth.


            This is a drum machine.  This is lo-fi and bedroom.  This has parts of the Get Up Kids in it as well.  But mainly, when it comes right down to it, I just don’t like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment