Monday, October 28, 2013

SPOTIFY REVIEW: Best Coast "Fade Away" (Bratty BC)

            I kind of sort of remember liking but not really liking the 2012 release from Best Coast.  It’s kind of funny because I was able to download it from a press person who no longer sends me press releases (Who did I offend at Life or Death PR?  Fuck it, who cares) and it is also available as a CD at my somewhat local library, so I have easy access to it for sure.  I did have a review copy downloaded at one point, but since deleted it after listening to it what I felt like was too many times.

            So as I’m listening to this new seven song release from Best Coast, I’m thinking in the back of my mind that I probably won’t like it anyway.   And I’m correct.  It channels Blondie, Buddy Holly and The Mr. T Experience but it all comes out in a way that I just don’t find to be good listening. 


            I will continue to listen to new releases that Best Coast creates, for I believe that they do have the potential to one day make just an amazing album, but this is not it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment