Tuesday, September 24, 2013

SPOTIFY REVIEW: Sigur Ros “Kveikur”

                The first I don’t remember how many times I listened to this, I seem to recall it as being instrumental for some reason.  Did they go back and add vocals when I wasn’t looking?   Ah well, maybe I’m just confusing it with something else.

                In any event, this is another album that everyone seems to be getting musical wood over.  I like it to an extent, but not as much as everyone who seems to be on Twitter.  It’s anathematic, operatic and the synth sort of can grind, but for the most part it does all that whilst sounding like Smashing Pumpkins or even Mars Volta.


                There are occasional horns in the background that make me feel like I’m at a bull fight, but otherwise this is just some sort of fun, musically complex indie rock type of stuff, which isn’t that bad but is far from being done before as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment