Sunday, July 28, 2013

MP3 REVIEW: Bellows “As If To Say I Hate Daylight”

Name Your Price Download

                When this album begins, I can already hear the normal culprits coming through:  Flaming Lips, EFS and even Polyphonic Spree.   But then we take a turn for the much worse and I’m questioning whether or not I’m listening to the correct album any more.

                I don’t like to say this, it’s never easy, but I have said it before (and I shudder to think I might actually cause this to ever happen), but when the song “Uh Oh” started I couldn’t help but think “Is this a cover of “Somebody That I Used to Know?”.    Checking the track listing (and when the lyrics kicked in) I realized that it was not, it is just an… unfortunate coincidence.


                However, if someone at the Gotye camp were to try and sue Bellows for infringing upon his song, well, I wouldn’t be the one, “Oh no no no no, they’re two completely different songs”, but uh, please don’t use this in a court of law either.  

No comments:

Post a Comment