Tuesday, July 16, 2013

CD REVIEW: Jazz iz Christ “Jazz iz Christ”

                On “Jazz iz
Christ”, Serj Tankian and company take us through what is some of the finest jazz music that I ever heard, and yes, I listen to jazz.   At times, the songs can become quite heavy as well, which reminds me of other Tankian solo efforts or even System of a Down to some degree.

                Many of the questions asked in “Orca” can be attributed here as well.   Instead of pondering whether or not fans of System of a Down will listen to the jazz, and comparing how sporadic the elements of both are, I’m going to simply speculate on another matter.

                Following these two successful endeavors, I feel that the next project Serj Tankian should attempt, should he have the desire and means, would be to create a musical.   Whether it be a stage show only performed live or something recorded and brought to the big screen, I truly feel as if this is a style to which Tankian could easily adapt.

                As mentioned in my review of “Orca”, Serj Tankian is a smart guy.  In fact, he might even be a genius.   There are many members of the music community that I think could write the score for a musical I would want to see.   I won’t divulge any names, but I do feel like a number of them wouldn’t be able to write the story because they might not have something interesting enough to say.


                Clearly, Serj Tankian could write anything he wants to both musically and story-wise.     Crossing somewhere between “Repo! A Genetic Rock Opera” and “Seussical”, I am anxious to experience a play, film or whatever the future holds next for Serj Tankian.

http://www.serjtankian.com/
http://www.serjtankian.com/
http://www.serjtankian.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment